New Zealand Census of Population and Dwellings
When is the census?
- Tuesday, 8 March 2011
- Collectors are delivering forms from Saturday, 19 February 2011 to Tuesday, 8 March 2011.
- Collectors will be collecting forms from Wednesday, 9 March 2011.
Do I have to do it?
- Yes, everyone in New Zealand on census day is legally obligated to fill in a form (Statistics Act 1975).
What does a collector look like and what will they do?
- A collector carries a blue bag with the Statistics New Zealand logo on it and has a photo ID card that has a signed authorisation from the Government Statistician on the back.
- A collector will visit every house but should not ask to enter your home.
- The information provided must be keep confidential by Statistics New Zealand in accordance with the Statistics Act 1975.
- Collectors are required to sign a declaration of secrecy (Section 21, Statistics Act 1975).
- For more information, language help or more forms - go to www.census.govt.nz or ring the census helpline toll free on 0800 CENSUS (0800 236 787).