Funding available to affiliated Neighbourhood Support areas
Neighbourhood Support New Zealand
15 June 2011
Ministry of Justice has contracted Neighbourhood Support New Zealand to allocate funding to affiliated Neighbourhood Support areas through a contestable funding process.
There are two rounds of funding:
- A funding round is currently underway and will close on Thursday, 30 June 2011. Eligible applications will be considered by the Neighbourhood Support Board in early July and applicants will be informed whether they were successful by mid July.
- Applicants who wish to apply outside of the scheduled funding round will need to complete an Expression of Interest form. If the expressions of interest meet the criteria, the applicants will then be invited to apply for funding and due process will be followed.
$230,000 is available in the financial year 2011-2012 for a contestable funding round to help Neighbourhood Support area coordinators and affiliates across New Zealand deliver the following objectives:
- Empower communities eg. Emergency Preparedness projects
- Reduce crime
- Reduce fear of crime
- Increase safety and/or perception of safety in the community
- Help address existing and emerging community needs and issues
You can apply if you are:
- An established Neighbourhood Support area
- A Neighbourhood Support affiliate area operation eg. local councils and regional authority who is affiliated to Neighbourhood Support New Zealand and are making an equal contribution
- A new and potential area who displays an aptitude and ability to manage a Neighbourhood Support project. Affiliation to Neighbourhood Support New Zealand will be required under all circumstances.
All applications need to fit with the Neighbourhood Support New Zealand guidelines.
For a copy of the funding criteria and the application form or Expression of Interest form please contact Supriya Rathod, NSNZ Secretariat via email or call 021 135 4976.